Thursday, June 12, 2008

Tech Support Help?

Here are a few tips for when you have to call technical support for any problem.

1. Remember your name and where you live, we are going to ask you, and it doesn't make you look too bright when you have to "think about" what your last name is.

2. Think before you speak. When you are asked to turn on your computer, don't ask me if I'm going to do that for you... I can't control your Dell over the phone, if I could, I would have caught it on fire by now.

3. When asked a Yes or No question... answer Yes or No, do not tell me yes, and then start to explain something that has absolutely no bearing on the current situation. The fact that you washed your car yesterday while your laptop was in your briefcase in the passenger seat is not the reason you are unable to get online, if you think it is, please disconnect your service and go with a different provider. Thank you.

Josh

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

oh. my.

clearly, at some point in your future, you are going to need loads and loads of patience. this job is 'preparing' you for that time. maybe?

or on the other hand, maybe it's just all about collecting great stories.